Monday, October 3, 2011

Walking Miracles

Every now and then in life we come face to face with a walking miracle. In my case, there's two. My first grandchildren were born twins. They have been so much fun, especially when they were babies. My husband and I each had one to hold. We kept them every Saturday night for 6 years to give their parents a break.

They are 15 years old today and I praise God for the miracle of their lives. They came into this world 4 weeks premature, weighing 3.13 and 3.14 pounds. It was touch and go for them at first. They spent their first 6 weeks in the hospital, hooked up to all sorts of wires and apparatus, so that they barely resembled babies.
And for their first year of life they were hooked up to heart monitors and couldn't go anywhere without them.

But, praise God, they survived and thrived, and today you could never tell they got off to such a difficult and scary start. It's by the grace of God that every now and then we come face to face with a walking miracle and I'm eternally grateful to Him for my two.

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another", John 1:16. NIV

1 comment:

  1. How awesome and good our Father truly is! Your post reminds me when my dad was told by his doc that he won't make it after being diagnosed with Colon Ca. Yet he lived (thanks be to God) for 3-4 years more, enough time for my siblings and I to enjoy more of his love and created more loving mem'ries. If not for the Lord, I knew then it was not possible.

    Your grandchildren I'm sure are your gems! May God bless them ever more and always protect them. God bless.

    ReplyDelete