Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Three Ls

My life-long tendency has been toward depression. It's a comfortable place for me to be in. I can lay on it or wallow in it, like an old soft blanket that wraps around me and asks for nothing. If it weren't for Jesus' Three Ls, I'd never throw it off. But Jesus has offered me Light and Life and Love. So I pray every day that He will shine these into all my cracks and crevices, and dispel all the darkness in me. Because what He offers is so much greater than what I have settled for. "I have come as a Light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in Me will no longer remain in the dark," John 12:46.

3 comments:

  1. I too pray that Jesus shines those L's into your life! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that: the three L's......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me,too! I love what the 3 L's meant!!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete