Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fixed On

I've been discouraged because my all over body pain has come back with a vengeance as I've been healing from my breast reduction surgery. It seems while my mind was focused on my breast pain, I didn't notice my other pains and thought they were gone. My pain management doctor says our minds play tricks on us like that. Hmmm! There's a lesson to be learned from this about controlling my mind. I just need to fix my mind on Jesus as I go through my day, and all the other stuff will be less important. Fix means: to remain stable, to attach, to be glued. I resolve right now to keep my mind glued to Jesus and watch the other junk fall away. It's even Biblical: "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all those whose thoughts are fixed on you", Isaiah 26:3. "So we don't look at the troubles we can see now, rather we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever", 2 Corinthians 4:18. "Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise", Philippians 4:8.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,
    Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Something that occured to me while reading that scripture, was that the Lord does not always take away whatever we are going through, but He does promise to give us peace...PERFECT peace!
    Once when I got relief with an injection into my spine, I almost immediately realized that the other side also hurt! The doctor told me the same thing. he said that they hear that often...It's like having a toothache, and then stubbing your toe...momentarily you forget the toothache.
    ~God Bless you friend~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gentle hugs to you Peggy. I am so grateful during our times of pain that we do have a God that is right there with us. Thank you dear one for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scriptures. I'm thinking of you and still praying for total healing. You and I are fixed on God's Word!

    ReplyDelete