Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meltdowns

   I have an adorable, redhaired, 7 year old granddaughter named Isabella. I love her to the moon and back. Her family comes from Oklahoma to share Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas with us. It wouldn't be a holiday without a "Bella Meltdown". We don't know what is going to set her off but we know that something will. Anticipating this, we try to make things right for her but it's never enough.
   This Thanksgiving, her two 16 year old cousins were sitting at the adult table instead of playing with her. One Easter, when she was 4, we hid her eggs in a seperate place so they would be easier for her to find. We didn't do that again. Last Christmas, we were taking pictures, and the teenagers had on jeans but she had on knit pants.
   As I was thinking about the "Bella Meltdowns" this week, I thought that is probably how God looks at me. He has given me everything and more but I want that one thing I don't have. And when things don't turn out the way I think they should, I shed a few tears, or shake my fists at God and rail that it isn't fair.
   God yearns for me to be thankful always and praise Him continually; yet He is not surprised when I have a meltdown. And still, He loves me to eternity and back. "And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God", Ephesians 3:18-19. NLT

5 comments:

  1. That is a pretty name...My grandma's name was Isabel...

    I like your analogy and I can't imagine what God says to us when we have our "fit"...

    I love praying the verse you shared for my loved ones and myself...God bless and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with all of your loved ones..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Peggy and thank you for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post (and Bella) are adorable...I think I have found a new name for my temper tantrums and pouting parties...I'm having a Bella meltdown, LOL!
    Thanks for sharing this Peggy ;)
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggy,
    Awesome analogy. Thank you for sharing.
    God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of family. I've had a few meltdowns of my own over the years so I definitely appreciate the analogy. Oh how patient is the Lord!

    ReplyDelete