Friday, December 28, 2012

His Presence

   My family has come and gone and they've sucked the energy right out of this house. I'm sitting here in the sunroom today, marveling at the quietness and stillness. But the house doesn't seem empty. There's a Presence here. His Presence. The One whose birthday we celebrated on Christmas.
   This cloudy, wintry day is trying to pierce me with its' coldness all the way inside. The Christmas tree is tilting to the left and the Santa is in a puddle in the yard. In times past, my mood would plummet also. But not today. There's a Presence here. His Presence.
"The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His Life brought Light to everyone. The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it", John 1:4-5.

A Happy and Blessed New Year to everyone of you!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are basking in His Presence Peggy, and not allowing anything to get you down! God is sure working in your life...I am inspired by this!
    ~God bless, & happy New Year, my friend!~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a peaceful blessing to have some quiet time to reflect on the wonders of His love and the joyful memories we had with family and friends over the holidays. I hope you have some wonderful memories to start your New Year Peggy!

    Blessings and hugs!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you also a blessed 2013. I found your blog today when I was reading on a other blog :-) Its great to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggy,
    Happy New Year's to you too! How wonderful it is to be in the presence of the Lord. I pray that you have a blessed 2013

    ReplyDelete