Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tiny Tyrant

   Our two youngest granddaughters, ages 2 and 8, came to spend last week with us. It gave my daughter a much needed break and we had a blast but we were exhausted by the time we took them back to Oklahoma on Monday. Bella, the 8 year old, was great and although she is known for her "Bella meltdowns", she didn't have a single one while she was here. However,  Kaya, the 2 year old, was a tiny tyrant.
   Kaya had learned over the holidays that if she climbed on a bar stool and sat at the counter and yelled "cucack" enough times that someone would give her a cupcake. She continued this tradition this past week. You don't want to say "no" to her when she has her mind set on something. It took 40 minutes and 3 of us to get her dressed in the mornings. I have never seen legs and arms slip so fast in and out of clothes before.
   But we loved every minute because we love those two little girls to the moon and back. I thought about how much Jesus loves me. It doesn't matter how much of a tyrant I am; it doesn't matter how difficult I am; or how set I am on getting my way. Jesus loves me to all eternity and back. I pray that He will help me to get over my tyranny of selfish ways and to follow Him.
"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it, But if you give up your life for My sake, you will save it", Matthew 16:24-25.

8 comments:

  1. She's so cute!!! And what a great analogy regarding our ways, how often we yell "I want! I want!" and yes, grateful that He never tires of our whining! I'm glad you had that wonderful time with your beautiful grandchildren! God bless you sister Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My granddaughtesr seem to switch their personalities like that...one visit the youngest is the drama queen, and her sister the quiet sweet and cuddly one...and then switcho-chango!
    Looks like you had a lot of fun...Enjoy your rest now ;)

    ~Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy adorable....blessings to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! Love it!
    And very true Peggy! Even though we are hard-headed sometimes Jesus is still patient and loves us! Love is patient and kind, amen!
    Blessings to you and your family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture! Grandchildren are such a blessing, and it's so true that we love them no matter what, just as our Father loves us! :)

    Blessings and love dear friend,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandmas are meant to be indulgent - but it leaves the mums the hard work. Grace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great is that! giving Mom a break! Good for you! I can see from the picture she is a charmer....
    I understand being exhausted after a visit :)

    ReplyDelete