Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"This I Know"

   I've been an infant in my Christian walk for a long time. I've been teething on "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so". It has just been for a year or so that I have believed that Jesus loves me. I had always thought that I was too bad for Jesus to love.
   Now that I've graduated from that basic truth, God wants to take me a step further. He is trying to teach me that "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world". I have been selfish, self-absorbed, and self-indulgent. It's as if the only word I can speak is "Me! Me! Me!".
   God is opening my eyes to the fact that there are many people in the world, our country, my city, that do not have all that I have. Like choking on my first taste of solid food, I don't like the taste of greed and excess.
   I have so much more than I need. My house is filled with things I merely wanted. It's time to take a few steps to reach out to someone who needs what I can give.
"You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God's Word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food", Hebrews 5:12.
"Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others", I Timothy 6:18.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,
    It wasn't long ago that the Lord put this thought into my mind/heart:
    The meaning of "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you."
    To me that means that when i persue a closer relationship with the Lord...Suddenly I find that I am not only quite content with my worldly possessions, but i begin to have a different relationship to them...they are no longer what gives me joy...Only God himself gives me the lasting joy that material things never could.
    ~Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe when we go through trials,God is shaking our foundation to help us realize that none of these worldly things will ever make us feel secure. Now, it's truly sad if one doesn't have God if such things are taken away. Praying you're remaining strong in the Lord's mighty power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking God to sweetly bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit on a very important fact. In your first paragraph you talk about God's love for us. This is so crucial I think to being able to give and love others back. We're in this race together, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you dear one during this time....

    ReplyDelete