Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Patience

    I wrote last time about the two pygmy goats we bought. Going to a new place so traumatized them that they still won't get close to my husband or me. My daughter and two little granddaughters visited last weekend. My daughter is an animal lover extraordinaire. She spent a couple of hours sitting close to them. With upmost patience she sang songs to them and offered them food and they started coming up to her.
    You know, God has been like that with me. With upmost patience He waited for me to come to my senses and draw close to Him. He shouldn't have cared about me, a loose mess who found herself neck deep in sin and anchored to depression. With boundless grace, mercy, love and patience He pulled me out of the dark pit I was in and set me on His solid rock.
 "He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.  They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the Lord supported me. He led me to a place of safety, He rescued me because He delights in me", Psalm 18:16-19.
   

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for His abundance of patience with me,; I must wear Him out sometimes! Ha!

    Love this verse Peggy...and the picture is adorable!
    Blessings and love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Jesus is so patient and gentle...I think that is great how your daughter is with the animals, they can sense something special in her.
    That scripture was perfect!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete