Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Old Man Winter

    The outside temperature has dropped 35 degrees since yesterday. The strong north winds are driving the wind chill factor down into the teens. This is a chilly reminder that winter is knocking on the door.
    I dread winter. For as long as I remember, I've struggled through the dark and frigid days of winter. I've struggled physically with bodily aches and pains; I've struggled emotionally with the heavy hold depression gets on me.
    And now, at the age of 65, I'm entering the winter of my life. All my aches and pains and negative thinking have been magnified by "Old Man Winter".
    But, as I lay in bed this morning, not wanting to get up, pulling the comfortable quilt of darkness and depression higher up on me, Jesus came to mind and turned my thinking around. He showed me that:
*I'm never too old for His love
*It's never too cold to kick depression away
*I can build a relationship with Him as easily as building a snowman
*I'm never too old to find joy in Him
*I'm never too old to receive the gifts of peace and rest from Him.
    Come on," Old Man Winter", give me your best shot. I'm not afraid of you anymore.
"If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant as though a floodlight were filling you with light", Luke 11:36. NLT

I'm never too old for His love

3 comments:

  1. So glad the Lord came along and shifted your thinking!
    I view winter as only another season of change now. I do migrate into my warm bedroom where the sunshine usually manages to filter in nicely on the south side of our house...This is an environment where I have a nice view of the changing of the season outside. This winter I plan to place a bird feeder near the bedroom window so I can be entertained by the birds...I believe God sends them to me to help with the depression sometimes.
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of snow. How pretty that everything is white...Like how He covers our sins and make the filth be white as snow. May the Lord always strengthen you and remind you of His faithful love. Take care sister Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Peggy. How I needed that today! You will never know how much I needed that reminder. Thank you. "I am never too old for his love".

    ReplyDelete