Friday, October 24, 2014

One Thing


   My schedule really gets busy this time of year, with preparing our farm for winter on top of the holidays, etc. etc. We all have that problem, don't we?  I'm trying very hard to live by the mantra I read on Emily Freeman's blog, "Chatting at the sky": "I want to live small, move slowly, and hold one thing at a time in my hand".
   Since we moved to the farm my life has become simpler. I refuse to push myself like I used to, trying to multitask a dozen things at once. But I have to really, intentionally, stick to my mantra or life pushes me back into craziness.
   Living small, moving slowly, and holding one thing at a time works best for me at this stage of my life. And if I make Jesus that one thing, then He gives me His peace. "Be still and know that I am God", Psalm 46:10. "I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled and afraid", John 14:27.

1 comment:

  1. This is me, too. I am not the kind of person who has a lot of drive so I take it slow and enjoy one thing after another! I'm really trying to deal with my mantra: "Tomorrow's another day!" I admit it, I procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete