Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No More January Blues

   I don't post on this blog much anymore. Most of my posting is on our farm blog at ariseandshinefarm.com., where I tell about farm life and raising our animals. But I can't let this time of year slip away without praising God for my life now.
   When I started this blog four years ago, I was carrying around the pain and deep depression that had stayed with me since a child of sexual abuse. Over these past four years, God has brought me healing through His Grace and great love, leading me one step at a time out of the darkness I was in.
    I suffered with a debilitating back pain three years ago that kept me sidelined for six months or so.
I spent my time in the Bible and praying to Jesus and became closer to Him than ever before. About this time my husband started talking about moving to a farm. That was the absolutely last thing I wanted to do or felt like I physically could do.
    But God led us to the right farm for us and buying it has been one of the best decisions we've ever made. I have fallen in love with the farming lifestyle. If I start to slip down into depression, I just look out one of our big windows, at the life and the beauty of nature outside. Or I go give a treat to one of our animals and my spirits are lifted.
    I praise God and give Him all the glory for loving me and wanting the best for my life. He took the mess that I was and transformed my heart so that I could see His love and goodness for me. For the first time in my life, my days are filled with joy.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Peggy! I have been rather silent I know but came back to your blog this a.m. What an encouragement to read of God's transforming grace and love. I thank God with you…..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your testimony and I appreciate your gift of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, I am so glad to read the last line of this post, your days are filled with joy. May they always be, love you old blogging friend, Colleen

    ReplyDelete