Friday, September 2, 2011

Waiting Patiently

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire, He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God", Psalm 40:1-3. NLT

At the end of summer the time seems endless.The days are long and slow and the hours are filled with heat. It seems that cool, fall weather will never come. It seems I'll never get unstuck from this place I'm in.

I feel like I'm in a slow motion dance, frozen in time, going nowhere. I feel like I'm in an airplane in a holding pattern, circling round and round but never getting to my destination.

I know God is changing me, but oh so slowly. I pray everyday that He will transform me in such a way that other people will know it had to be God who did it. And He is, it just takes time. After all, I had slipped pretty far from how he had made me, far from grace and all that's good. I've tried so hard to make myself better and that never works. Total dependance on Him is the only way.

I know He is faithful and He has everything I need and He will never give up on me. All my hope remains on the One "who creates new things out of nothing"

"This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing", Romans 4:17, NLT.

3 comments:

  1. Some believers live their entire lives and never get this, Peggy. What powerful yet humbling truth you've served up.

    As He increases, I decrease all the more. It's so very counter-intuitive to what we are told by our culture. Nevertheless, the more of Him in my life & spirit, and the more content am I.

    Fall is hinting it's near arrival here in WA State. It's lovely today - about 75. Nights are getting cooler & cooler, and I've even dragged out my flannel jammies. I pray you are doing the same soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting the days for the cooler weather. I'm counting the days until I can fight back with the trial I'm in. In everything, there seems to be always a "waiting part". When I want to be impatient, that's when He steps in and speaks to my heart. "Learn to endure..." This is a short time I ask of you. If I can't trust you to be patient now, what more for eternity?

    Blessings to you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Peggy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete