Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Song of Praise

   When I first started writing this blog two years ago, I was bent down under a heavy load. I thought I would write about all my struggles overcoming childhood sexual abuse. I thought I would share about the ways God had healed me and He had healed me in many ways.
   But there was still a darkness in the core of me that I couldn't dislodge. When my back pain began to cripple me a year ago, I was forced to spend a lot of time at home in my chair. During this extended time of sitting, I tried to keep my focus on Jesus. As I did, His light shone more brightly in me.and began dislodging that core of darkness.
   And my blog has become, fittingly, a song of praise from my heart to His. I love you, Jesus. You are everything to me.
"But I trust in Your Unfailing Love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me", Psalm 13:5-6.
"From His abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another", John 1:16.

4 comments:

  1. To praise when you are going through fun times is easy. But to give praise despite the storms that surrounds one, that's hard! I believe because of His love and His gift of joy, that alone, proves how much He is present in all the storms we go through. Praying you are always strong in His mighty power. May His love remind you of His constant presence. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Peggy, what a wonderful thing to honor Him so with praise! It is amazing what the Lord will do when we obey...your blog has become so much more than what you thought it would be...there is no medicine, no therapy anywhere that can heal like the Lord can. I am inspired by what you write here...I need to praise Him more for so many blessings. As you know, I have been "made to lay down" in green pastures from time to time...it is there where we are nurtured by Jesus...taught to listen closer, and to trust in Him more.
    Although illness and pain are no picnic...it is oftentimes through them that God can use us the most!
    ~God bless, & so glad to see you doing so well!~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words of praise and faith Peggy! I know that I certainly don't enjoy pain and suffering, but when I allow myself to express joyfulness even in times of pain, and sorrow, I gain strength and endurance; I rejoice in spite of my grief and the end result is greater spiritual power and strength. (So hard to do sometimes!)

    I always love coming over here to read of your loving trust and thankfulness!
    Blessings!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggy, A few years back when my first wife died, I did not understand how to be thankful in this. But daily I came to God, trusted Him and spent that special quiet time with Him. I continued to praise the Lord. Even during such great pain, there was an amazing peace and joy from being in His presence, trusting Him, loving Him and praising Him. He brought me through this great trial. How can I not praise Him? He is an awesome God.
    I pray you have a blessed weekend, and I enjoy my visits to your blog.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete