Monday, February 3, 2014

White As Snow

    As I sit here in my sunroom this morning, watching the snow pour out of the sky and cover everything outside in a blanket of white, my thoughts turn to Jesus. The Bible says that Jesus' blood has covered my sins and left me white as snow. "Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean, wash me, and I will be whiter than snow", Psalm 51:7. And I believe it. I finally believe it!
     When I started this blog three years ago on a snowy day in February, I was in such deep depression. I had spent a lifetime listening to Satan's voice telling me I was worthless, damaged and different because of the sexual abuse. I had believed it and I was beat down. I lived in constant pain.
     That's when Jesus showed up and began to transform my heart. He led me to a Bible study for wounded women. In that class, my eyes were opened to see that I had let lies and negative thinking rule my life. I was defeated.
      Step by step, Jesus began to reveal His Grace to me. He reached down to this damaged woman and shined His light into all the places that were deeply hurt, all the places that had bled sorrow into my life. He showed me that I was not a bad person, but a woman that something bad had happened to.
     I learned that it didn't matter how good I was. All that mattered was how good He was. And He was good enough to give His body as a sacrifice for the sins of people like me, to wash me as white as snow. It is amazing. It is amazing grace. And I finally believe it! And I live in victory now!
     "We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are", Romans 3:22.
     "For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ", Romans 5:17.

6 comments:

  1. I love that scripture.
    I have painted a cardinal perched on a snow-laden branch to illustrate it and hung it on my bedroom wall. It's one of the first things I see each morning!
    Such a miracle you were delivered from that depression and pain!
    Blessings and love to you~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it snows, everything looks so fresh and clean, and there is a certain excitement in the air. It always reminds me of Isaiah 1:18 "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." I have experienced such freedom when I surrender and let go of the past and focus on the present and the possibilities of the future. PTL you are living in victory now sweet friend! :)
    Blessings and love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... victory comes from knowing Jesus and with Him, you just know how truly faIthful He is! God bless sister and praying you're remaining strong in His power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation over the years. You bring glory to those verses you quoted. Thank you so much for dropping by on my birthday post and leaving such a sweet comment. I love our common interests too! You gave a wonderful gift, prayer. That really touched me. In return, you are in my prayer journal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given the fact that we have a fresh fallen, rare blanket of snow here (near Seattle) this morning, this post blessed me. I'm also blessed to hear your profound testimony to God's faithfulness to you. He is obviously working through you!

    ReplyDelete