Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sun Gone Missing

The sun has gone missing for a week now. I HATE WINTER! I can't help it! I know-I know-snow can be beautiful and all that. And in fact it is, covering all I can see with it's white purity.

But this time of year, I feel like a lump; shapeless, undefined, cold. Depression hangs too heavily over me to not succumb to the weight of dreary, dark days.

Were it not for my great God, who pulls the heavy cloud off daily by reminding me that He is good and life is worth living, I'm sure I would freeze in my spot.

I sit, numb, unable to see over the dark cloud, until I remember that God shows up when praise begins. As I read through the book of Psalms, praises fill my head and the dark cloud is lifted.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies", Psalm 18:2-3. NIV

I have had a life-long battle with the ominous foes of depression and childhood sexual abuse. Only God has saved me from myself, my battles fewer now with more victories, and this blog is my story.

My hope is that you can see that GOD IS GREATER than anything that has happened to you in your past and because of Him you don't have to fear anything the future brings.

My favorite Bible verse (NIV) is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope". My life can testify that this is true. I'd love for you to join me as I reflect on my journey through writing, poetry, and paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment