Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freedom

I'm thankful that I live in the USA. For all our many problems, we also have many freedoms. And I'm more than thankful, forever grateful, for the freedom that I have in Christ Jesus:

*Freedom from condemnation-"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus", Romans 8:1.
*Freedom from death-"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord", Romans 6:23.
*Freedom from my old self-"Since you have heard about Jesus and learned the truth that comes from Him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy", Ephesians 4:21-24.
*Freedom from depression-"I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow", Romans 15:11.
*Freedom from loneliness-"I will never leave you. I will never forsake you", Hebrews 13:5.
*Freedom from lack-"And my God will meet all your needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus", Philippians 4:19.
*Freedom from emptiness-"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of Living Water will flow from within Him", John 7:28.
*Freedom from fear-"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind", II Timothy 1:7.
*Freedom from worry-"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you", I Peter 5:7.

 "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32. NLT

"So if the Son sets you free, your are truly free", John 8:36. NLT

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and do not let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery", Galations 5:1. NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment