Monday, April 25, 2011

Best Place to Be

I've been going to a class at my church on "Resurrected Life". I've been feeling really good, uplifted, and hopeful. I've been trying to keep my eyes on Jesus and His grace, and learn to reign with Him, and it has made a difference. This weekend we celebrated Easter with our children and grandchildren. We went to church together, had lunch, and an Easter egg hunt. It was wonderful!

But this morning I woke up and was depressed from being tired, off my regular schedule, eating too many chocolate eggs, an empty house without children's energy and laughter, and gloomy weather. I found myself back at the foot of the cross, begging Jesus for His mercy and grace to get through the day. But really, isn't that the best place to be?

But He said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me, II Corinthians 12:9. NIV

Dear Jesus, I know you are risen! But today I just want to lay at the foot of Your cross and drink the precious blood as it drops from Your body until I am filled with You. I surrender to You today everything I am, or am not; all the posessions I have; all I want to accomplish; and everything I suffer from. I love You, Jesus. I can't go one second or one step without You but with Your power I can do all things. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment