Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Lamb That Was Slain

Jesus is the savior of the world,
Jesus is the husband who doesn't disappoint,
Jesus is the father who is not distant,
Jesus is the friend who is always there,
Jesus is the light that shines in the darkness,
Jesus is the sunshine that creates new growth,
Jesus is the breath sliding across my lips,
Jesus is the gentle breezes caressing my arms,
Jesus is the lamb that was slain.

"He was oppressed and treated harshly,
yet he never said a word.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.
And as a sheep is silent before the shearers,
He did not open His mouth.
Unjustly condemned,
He was led away", Isaiah 53:7-8. NLT

And why??? For me. For you.

"Fear not; you will no longer live in shame.
Don't be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you.
You will no longer remember the shame of your youth
and the sorrows of your widowhood.
For your Creator will be your husband;
the Lord of Heaven's Armies is His name!
He is your Redeemer, 
the Holy One of Israel,
the God of all the earth", Isaiah 54:4-5. NLT

4 comments:

  1. Peggy, did you write that first portion of the post? It's beautiful. I love the way you've described Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Colleen. I've been beating myself up because I was busy and feeling bad that day and I didn't think it was a good post. What a God thing your encouraging words are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit at sixtyfivewhatnow. Have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to read this post from you Peggy. I need the encouragement as well. Blessings and safe hugs.

    ReplyDelete