Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good News

In my class on "Resurrected Life" Alan Platt said, "Good news is only good news if it includes you and if it's good news. For example, if a football team wins, it's not good news to me if it's not a team I follow; and if my team loses then it's not good news; but if my team wins then it's good news to me. "Yeah! We won!", I say because I feel included in the victory.

Thankfully, the good news of Jesus Christ is good news to me because it is good news and because I'm included in it. I've been thinking about good news I am a part of:

The best good news is that because Jesus died on the cross for my sins, I am forgiven of all my sins. "For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes-the Jew first and also the Gentile", Romans 1:16. NLT


The good news is that because of Jesus I am no longer under condemnation. "So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus", Romans 8:1. NLT

The good news is that I am dead, buried, and risen with Christ, and now I can reign with Him in life. "For He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus", Ephesians 2:6. NLT

The good news is that God overlooks my sinful past and transforms me with new life. "He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit", Titus 3:5. NLT

The good news for our United States of America is that Osama Bin Laden has finally been killed.

The good news is that it is May 3 and good weather is on the way. The thunderstorms, tornados, and flooding that have plagued my state will soon be gone.

The good news is that because of God's love and grace and miracle working power, my chiildren and grandchildren are thriving (see image of my beautiful grandchildren).

Praise God, there is lots of good news indeed!!!

2 comments:

  1. These scriptures point to good news indeed! The Good News of our salvation extends far and wide into every area of our lives. Stable as can be! I enjoyed seeing your family! Looks like a great bunch.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peggy for sharing the good news Amen. Thanks for taking the time to post the scripture verses as well. Blessings to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete