Monday, March 14, 2011

I Love Children


I've had a wonderful time this week with my daughters and granddaughters. I just spent a small fortune at the Mall on spring outfits for my granddaughters. I love children. I spent my career teaching four and five year olds in a preschool. I love that age. They are smart, funny, loving.

Children are amazing. They believe God is good if they've been taught that. They believe He created everything and they like how God made them. They don't have the doubts and questions grown-ups have.
They love to sing praise songs about God and their lives are filled with joy and laughter.

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And He said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdome of heaven", Matthew 18:2. NIV

I am one of God's children. He loves me. He wants to give me the best. "He who did not spare His own son, but gave Him up for us all-how will He not, along with Him, graciously give us all things", Romans 8:32. NIV What He would like of me is to love Him, to believe He loves me, to be thankful of all He has given me, and to enjoy spending time in His presence. Lord, help me to be more like a little child.   

No comments:

Post a Comment