Monday, March 28, 2011

A Sweet Spot

I'm in a sweet spot (well, except for yesterday when the temperature and sunshine plummeted along with my mood; or, this morning, when I had such a hard time getting up and going). But, anyway, I'm in a good place in my life right now and I'm going to think positive and recognize it. I've made it through another winter (yeah!); I made it through the past year; and, as I sit out in the warm sunshine writing this, life looks pretty good.

This last year was really difficult. I'm an only child and I lost my beloved mother on August 18. She had a massive stroke and passed away five days later. Then my dad passed away a month later, on September 21, of a "broken heart". Then my youngest daughter, who was pregnant, faced some serious complications in her pregnancy.

For six months, I didn't know which end was up. I couldn't concentrate on the simplest things. I daily battled terrible fears, and a devastating sense of aloneness. The healing God had been doing in me for fifteen years seemed to be unraveling. I couldn't feel that He was there. I didn't think that I could go on.

Then God, the miracle worker, made His presense known. He had been there all along. He not only brought that precious baby out normal and healthy; but He brought back together my stepson and daughter-in-law who had been seperated and living apart for six years.

I praise God for these miracles and answered prayers; and for teaching me, once again, that He can be trusted, that He will never leave me or forsake me, and that He is there even when I don't feel like He is. There's nothing like a couple of miracles to put you in a sweet spot.

"But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me", Psalm 13:5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment