Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Rock

When the rain rages
and rain pellets come stinging
like arrows to my heart,
I hide under The Rock and am safe.

When my ankle turns
and I roll head first off the path,
lost and wounded,
I look for The Rock and stay focused.

                            When the pit grabs hold
                            and sucks me quickly under,
                            taking my breath away,
                            I grasp for The Rock and stay alive.

                            I've based my hope upon the Rock,
                            built my life,
                            stood my ground,
                            stayed my soul.

                            He has been my sanctuary,
                            my shelter,
                            my Savior,
                            and my strong foundation.     

No comments:

Post a Comment