Friday, March 18, 2011

Marred Clay

I've been off my schedule while my daughter and granddaughters were here and I didn't have any time to myself so I've been struggling with this blog. Now they've gone and I have some time to myelf and I'm still struggling, but not just with the blog. It's been a letdown for all that life and energy to go and my house seems awfully quiet. I've been down, facing my old nemesis depression, battling the negative voices. It's the same old story.

The sexual abuse when I was a small child marred me and scarred me for life. Maybe I would have been marred anyway by something else. I don't know. I just know it's been a long and tiring struggle to feel like a normal person. But I do know that God hasn't given up on me. He sees something of value in me that I have a hard time seeing. He's like a potter working on clay, trying to transform that messy lump into something beautiful.

"So I went down to The Potter's house, and I saw Him working at the wheel. But the pot He was shaping from the clay was marred in His hand; so The Potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to Him", Jeremiah 18:3-4.

Marred Clay

The wise and skillful potter
sat thoughtfully at his wheel.
The lump of clay
had not formed
as he intended.
Defects had damaged
the flawless surface.
It had not become
what he had envisioned
early on.
He had the authority
to lay it aside
or continue his work.
But he saw beyond
what had been marred
to the valuable vessel
his hands could create.
The old potter
persevered as always
reshaping the clay
molding and smoothing
crafting for use.
He had a new vision
of what it could be
as it yielded it's form
to his powerful hands.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Peggy, I am so very sorry for your struggles. I do understand how depression can take over us. And the negative voices as well. Still, you managed to encourage me with your words here. I appreciate that very much. God is our ultimate healer indeed. Blessings and safe hugs to you Peggy.

    ReplyDelete