Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jesus' Truth Is Greater

I was going to write another post about my problems today. But I am going to a Bible study, Bible Study Fellowship, and this year we are studying the book of Isaiah. This week we studied Isaiah 53 which contains these great verses, 5-6:

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each one of us to his own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all". NIV

The enormity of what Jesus did for me came upon me all over again, and as I've been thinking more about the cross, my issues haven't seemed so devastating. Jesus really is the answer to all my difficulties:

Low self esteem and self hatred-Jesus thought I was worthy to die on the cross for and did it willingly for me; unacceptance-Jesus loves and accepts me right where I am, mess and all; fears-Jesus was powerful enough to overcome death so He is powerful enough to work everything out for my ultimate good; lack of trust-He was without sin and does all things the right way, God's way, so He can be trusted; pessimism-No matter how bad things get in this world I have the hope that I will live eternally with Him in a far better place.

When I think about it, I don't know why I've lived my life in such defeat when Jesus is just a prayer away. The abuse that happened to me when I was small was horrible and no one should have to go through that. It efffects every area of your life in a negative way. But Jesus' truth is greater than my truth. When He died on the cross as a substitute for me He forever changed me. God doesn't see all my sins because Jesus wiped the slate clean by being a sacrifice in my place.

These next few weeks leading up to Easter, I need to keep my gaze continually on the cross, and see if my daily burdens won't be lifted off by His strong arms. Pray for me, please.

2 comments:

  1. Praying girlfriend! You will have the victory. I just read a book about Jesus' blood and when we cover ourselves with it, victory is assured. Enemy is defeated. This is a wonderful time of year to remind ourselves that the battle is won. Praise Jesus.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a worthy pursuit, my friend. I simply cannot imagine how a wee one endures the hideousness & cruelty of abuse. The fact that you know the Lord, and that you have such hope is - in itself - a miracle! I thank God that He's given you so great & precious a promise.

    You are truly MORE than a conqueror, regardless of how you feel. He says so. I believe it.

    Praying for continued recovery.

    Huge hug,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete